The Community Fund donated by Orchard Community Energy is open for applications from 1st August-31st October 2020. The members of Orchard Community Energy have allocated a community fund of £10,000 for projects starting in 2021.
Grants will be between a minimum of £2,000 and a maximum of £5,000. Projects must benefit the residents of Swale and/or Medway districts of Kent.
- The applicant must be a Charity and beneficiaries cannot be specific individuals.
- The project must address at least one of the following objectives: wildlife conservation, climate change mitigation and/or adaption, the alleviation of fuel poverty or support for vulnerable or disadvantaged groups.
- Orchard Community Energy is particularly keen to receive applications that achieve social goals through environmental means, ie. address at least two objectives including at least one social and at least one environmental objective.
- The project should be ready to start in January 2021 and aim to be completed by the end of the year.
- Completed applications must be received by midday on 31st October 2020.
For full details of how to apply, please download the Guide for Applicants 2020-21 and Application for Funding Summary Form 2020-21 from the Documents section.